Emission certificate sign
Each engine is equipped with a certificate of exhaust emission qualification when it leaves the factory. It indicates the exhaust emission level and the engine performance parameters (technical specifications) which are directly related to the emission.
The responsibility of the boat owner
The boat owner / driver shall maintain the engine to ensure that the exhaust emission level meets the standards specified in the certificate.
The boat owner / driver shall not modify the engine in any way, change the power or exhaust the exhaust level above the manufacturer's original technical specifications.
Inspection and maintenance project
Before each use
* check oil level in engine oil. See the instructions for "checking and adding engine oil" in the section on fuel and oil.
* visually inspect fuel system for aging, deterioration, or leakage.
* check the outboard engine installed in the mid-range is close.
* check whether the propeller blade is damaged.
After each use
* if traveling in the water or sewage water, to the cooling system of the outboard machine for cleaning.
* running in brackish water, applying clean water to remove all deposited salts, and flushing the propeller and exhaust vents on the gear box.
Every 100 hours or once a year (subject to prior maturity)
* lubricate all the lubrication points. If you are sailing in salt water, increase the number of lubrication. See lubrication point".
* change engine oil; if the engine is running in harsh conditions, such as prolonged towing, shorten the interval between oil changes.
* replace the spark plugs for the first time after 100 hours or after one year. After that, check it every 100 hours or once a year
Spark plug。 Replace spark plugs as required.
* drain and replace gear box oil.
* check that the fuel line filter is contaminated..
* inspection of corrosion protection anodes, such as navigation in brackish water, increases the number of inspections.
* apply lubrication to splines on the drive shaft.
* replace the water pump blades.
* check whether bolts, nuts and other fasteners are tight.
Flushing cooling system
Every time in the running of salt water, sewage or high mineral content water after application rinse outboard internal channel. This will help prevent impurities from depositing and clogging the inner waterways. Attachment attachments (or equivalent attachments) shall be used for Mercury, Precision or Quicksilver irrigation.
Note: it is forbidden to run the engine while washing the cooling system.
1. remove the screw plug, washer and threaded hose connector.
2. connect the hose to the hose switch. Turn on the tap, flush the cooling system, and flush for at least 3~5 minutes.