Some general information for Mercury outboard users
Emission certificate placard
Each engine is equipped with an exhaust emission certificate placard, which indicates the exhaust emission level and the engine performance parameters (technical specifications) directly related to the emission.
Responsibility of the boat owner
The owner/pilot is required to maintain the engine to ensure that the emission level meets the standards specified in the certificate.
The owner/pilot must not modify the engine in any way, change the power or make the exhaust emission level exceed the factory specifications.
Inspection and maintenance items
Before each use
* Check the level of oil in the engine. See "Checking and Refilling Engine Oil" in the "Fuel and Oil" section for details.
* Visually inspect the fuel system for deterioration or leaks.
* Check that the outboard is tightly mounted on the center gear.
* Check the propeller blades for damage.
After each use
* The cooling system of the outboard should be cleaned if it is used in brackish water or sewage.
* In brackish water, rinse off any salt deposits with fresh water and flush the exhaust holes in the propeller and gearbox.
Every 100 hours or once a year (whichever is first due)
* Lubricate all lubrication points. If sailing in salt water, lubricate more often. See "Lubrication Points".
* If the engine is operated under severe conditions, such as prolonged towing, the interval between oil changes should be shortened.
* Replace the spark plugs after the first 100 hours of use or after one year. Inspect the spark plugs every 100 hours of use or once a year thereafter.
Spark plugs. Spark plugs may be replaced earlier than required.
* Drain and replace gearbox oil.
* Check fuel line filter for contamination.
* Check the corrosion prevention anode, more often if sailing in salt water.
* Lubricate the splines on the drive shaft.
* Replace water pump blades.
* Check bolts, nuts and other fasteners for tightness.
Flush the cooling system
Flush the internal waterways of the outboard with fresh water after each trip in saltwater, sewage or mineral-rich waters. This will help prevent deposits of contaminants from clogging the internal waterways. A Mercury Precision or Quicksilver flushing connection attachment (or equivalent) should be used.
NOTE: Do not run the engine while flushing the cooling system.
1. Remove the screw plug, gasket, and threaded hose fitting. 2.
Connect the water hose to the hose adapter. Turn on the tap and flush the cooling system for at least 3 to 5 minutes.
The previous page
In Related News
On the morning of February 3, 2023, in order to carry out work docking with China Classification Society more smoothly and carefully. Weihai GOLDLUCK Yacht Co., Ltd. carried out technical exchanges with the Drawing Review Department of Qingdao Branch.
Quality life comes from the sea Here is a report from Weihai Radio and TV Ocean Channel about JinYun yacht - JinYun sails the future and starts a new life in the sea!
On May 9, 2020, Miao Jianchen, Vice Chairman of Weihai City Federation of Industry and Commerce, Han Qiang, President of the Association of Extra-Party Intellectuals of New Social Strata, and a dozen other people came to Weihai Jin Yun Yacht Co.
At 9:58 a.m. on April 28, 2020, the project of Shandong Traffic College and JinYun Yachting Intelligent Industrial Park was grandly held at Weihai JinYun Yachting Co., Ltd. The attendees of today's groundbreaking ceremony were Li Zhengtao, Vice President of Shandong Traffic College and Secretary of the Party Committee of Weihai Campus, Cheng Weiyuan, Deputy Secretary of the Discipline Inspection Committee of Shandong Traffic College, Lin Xianqi, Deputy Director of Laser Research Institute of Shandong Academy of Sciences, and Yu Wenhua, Chairman of Weihai JinYun Yachting Co.
"Beautiful Islands, at Zhoushan" 2019 China (Zhoushan Islands) International Boat Show will be held on May 17-19, 2019 in Zhoushan Donggang Putuo Exhibition Center.
2019 China (Weihai) International Boat, RV and Fishing Tackle Supplies Exhibition came to an end in the afternoon of May 13 at Weihai International Convention and Exhibition Center.